7.07.2012

Week 7 on WW

WW, yup you've guessed it Weight Watchers.

Nico was about 6 weeks old when I got up enough nerve and a bit of encouragement from an aunt to start thinking about myself again. It had been way too long! Dragging my butt out of bed at 6:30am on a Saturday, after only 5 hours of sleep isn't fun let me tell you. Baby number 3 is taking a toll. Maybe it's not really him but that it's NUMBER THREE! Oye, I don't know how the mama's with 10 do it. What were they thinking???? So after 3 babies and hitting my big 3-0 here I am.

I lost about 24 pounds before I set my foot in the WW meeting. And yes, I was pregnant and Nico was 9.2lbs of that. My big boy! To date in WW I've lost another 19 pounds. 19 pounds in 7 weeks? Not too shabby. Still a long long way. And honestly nobody notices those 43 pounds. How sad is that? Depressing but I'm not doing it for any of you. For me and my babies. I want to see each and everyone of them grow up, get married, and have my grandbabies. That's what we all live for anyways right?!

It's amazing the difference a simple meeting can make. Yes, I already know what they are saying. Losing weight isn't rocket science but it is a long long journey for most of us and it helps to hang with others on the same journey.

My struggle.... exercise. I simply loath it. I hate sweat. I'm just too much of a girl. So needless to say my current work out is simply running after the kids, playing at the park, going for a quick walk and lifting my son up and down. That I can stick to. All the runners can run on without me. You won't find me out there, especially in this 100 degree heat! Maybe some day when it's much, much cooler.

My strength? Finding new ways too cook and experiment with substitution. White pasta for wheat pasta? Yup and it's wonderful. And as long as I can forget the disgusted look on my hubbies face I'll make it again and again tell him how much better it is for him. A new recipe this week? Chocolate chip cheesecake. Yes, I said it CHEESECAKE! The photo was beautiful and sucked me right in and for 6 points I'll take it. I was super surprised to see the ingredients. For a girl who could never get over the look of cottage cheese give her a recipe with chocolate and cottage cheese and she'll try it! Yummy! The only thing I would do different is exchange the 2t. of almond extract for 1t. of vanilla. Other than that follow the recipe and yours will look just like this...





The next recipe I'm going to try...






So I encourage you to do something for yourself today. 

Something to make your life better.

 Get out there and LIVE!


No comments:

Post a Comment